Re: F12 Boot error message re mount of loop device

Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 22:00:37 +0000, Marko wrote:

Enough output is available in the quotes.
"Mounting local filesystems" is in rc.sysinit.
"Mounting other filesystems" is in netfs service script.
The former does:

	action $"Mounting local filesystems: " mount -a -t nonfs,nfs4,smbfs,ncpfs,cifs,gfs,gfs2 -O no_netdev

The latter does:

	action $"Mounting other filesystems: " mount -a -t nonfs,nfs4,cifs,ncpfs,gfs

So, both mount iso9660 file-systems, and unlike other types of mounts,
iso9660 prints that ugly warning. You can run those mount -a ... lines
manually for testing. The work-around I've used is to mount them with
option _netdev added in fstab. That mounts iso9660 within the netfs service
script, which is not exactly right here, but good enough and an alternative
to doing it manually in rc.local

And that seems to provide a workaround, good trick.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>