Re: F12 KDE - slow response when clicking task bar items

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 21:33:17 -0700,
  Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Since I upgraded to F12, I have noticed that it is very slow to respond
> to clicks in the task bar - i.e., a long delay if I click the 'fedora'
> start button or any of the applications in the 'Task Switcher' widget.
>
> Discernibly slower than F11
>
> FWIW, I am booting with nomodesetting option and using 'nv' driver with
> an xorg.conf setting (the same as I was using in F11) because I simply
> cannot get 1280x1024 with the nouveau driver, even with 'nomodesetting'
> boot option.
>
> Anyone else notice this? Is there something I am doing wrong?

I have been seeing a delay when first clicking on the menu after a reboot.
I have a bug about this, but I don't think it is what you are seeing.
It goes back for quite a ways and was not introduced going for F11 to F12.

I am pretty sure it is due to loading a cache with information about the
menu and not something graphics related.