Re: Fedora 12 upgrade sucks

On 11/19/2009 11:34 PM, Alan Cox wrote:
I appreciate the amount of work people put in for new releases, but I
would rather new releases were delayed, rather than be broken with
regard what most users require.

The problem you have is that it's probably a single card, or a single
variant of a single card in a specific combination that's failing. You
can do all the testing you like in rawhide but the chances are some of
those will always get through.

Keeping the regression count down is a bit different from catching every
single corner case - and there is so much PC hardware out there you just
can't do the latter.

Alan

Maybe so, but I have test installed F12 on three separate systems all have
Graphics issues (mainly 3D but 2D stability issues as well). One is based
on a Intel 945G chip set, which is still a pretty mainstream Graphics chipset.
This has 2D stability issues as well as major 3D issues.