Fedora 12 upgrade sucks

I tried to upgrade my laptop from Fedora 11 to 12 today, using yumex.
The result sucks.

The latest kernel cannot run a GUI

The only video driver that appears to work is vesa, (should use either
nv or nouveau for nvidia graphics), and therefore not at required
resolution, or openGL applications.

The display configuration program fails to run

Unless someone can suggest what to do I will be reinstalling Fedora 11

My advice to others based on this experience is not to install/upgrade
to Fedora 12 for next couple of months, when hopefully these serious
problems will have been fixed.

I appreciate the amount of work people put in for new releases, but I
would rather new releases were delayed, rather than be broken with
regard what most users require.

I managed to upgrade my PC from Fedora 10 to Fedora 11 using yumex
successfully, hence my disappointment!

JB