Re: trying to understand SELinux message

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:
On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 2:01 PM, Paul Allen Newell <pnewell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Paul,

<QUOTE>
SELinux is preventing the gdm-session-wor from using potentially mislabeled
files (.dmrc).

Detailed Description:

SELinux has denied gdm-session-wor access to potentially mislabeled file(s)
(.dmrc). This means that SELinux will not allow gdm-session-wor to use these
files. It is common for users to edit files in their home directory or tmp
directories and then move (mv) them to system directories. The problem is that
the files end up with the wrong file context which confined applications are not
allowed to access.

Allowing Access:

If you want gdm-session-wor to access this files, you need to relabel them using
restorecon -v '.dmrc'. You might want to relabel the entire directory using
restorecon -R -v ''.

</QUOTE>

Link: http://osdir.com/ml/fedora-selinux/2009-02/msg00111.html

You can execute the following command as root to solve your problem.

# restorecon -R -v /root

It should stop the AVC messages from popping up.

Thank you very much for finding this. That being said, my head hurts after reading it as I am not certain what a large part of it means. But I do know that I probably moved at least one file in from my personal account and so it kinda makes sense.

Let me re-read after a night's sleep and see if this, plus your link, makes more sense then.

That being said, what the "word-of-your-choice" is "gdm-session-wor" ???

Paul