Strange Nautilus behavior after updates and rebooting machine with VNC connection

Anybody notice strange Nautilus behavior after updates and rebooting machine with a persistent VNC connection setup? I don't leave the machine on all the time thus the rebooting. I've been getting rather annoyed with the way Nautilus is failing to display my home folder's contents after doing a routine update and rebooting the machine. Clicking on the home folder icon will open the Nautilus application and display an empty window, on the right hand side, where the contents of my home folder should be. The icon in the upper right corner of the window has the spinning effect, like its doing something, but nothing ever seems to show up. Nautilus will display the folder contents of other folders just fine, just not my home folder after an update reboot sequence. I did find that rebooting a second time always seems to fix the problem, why I don't know.

I also have two applications that crash on me every time as well, nm-applet and gnome-setting daemon, both while using a VNC session over my home LAN when first booted up and connecting using VNC. The above two applications don't seem to crash when logging in with a directly attached console however. The application crashing I posted the crash report to the gnome mailing list.

73's

Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO