Re: Saving Flash

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 7:47 AM, Fennix <cn.stefan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Why does no-one answer the question?

I can give two reasons:

1) The video in the link provided by OP is broken, and apparently
cannot be played outside Canada. So the majority of people on this
list cannot reproduce the problem the OP is having. And the generic
answer has already been posted, for google-impaired people, a
millionth time now.
2) The OP could simply ask "please help me download the video from
this link", without the political bloat in the message subject and
body. The fact that he insisted on it even after being warned that
people on this list are not interested in discussing politics marks
him as a troll in people's eyes, so nobody wishes to engage in the
discussion.

> There must be some better ways than
> just browsing through the /tmp/cache directories to (hopefully) find the
> correct file.  I also would like to know a better way to do this.

Oh, please, it's just copying one file from the /tmp directory! If you
want a GUI for this, create a button in your favourite launcher and
have it execute

  cp /tmp/Flash* ~

Then, when you want to save some flash video you are watching in the
browser, wait until it is buffered completely, and then click the damn
button. It really cannot get any simpler than that.

Of course, you can always make it more complicated, by having a GUI
that will ask you to name the file, wait until it is completely
buffered, handle multiple simultaneous flash videos from several
browsers, have a trillion of useless clickable configuration options,
cook a coffee for you while you wait, watch over your kid while you
are watching videos, etc, but I think it is just not worth the effort.
Those who think it is worth the effort should create a bash script
that does all that and have that script invoked with the button.

HTH, :-)
Marko