Re: should I go for 64bit version of Fedora 11 ?

Paul wrote:
> Having only 3GB of RAM, you do not *need* 64-bit,

True.

> and you will not
> benefit from the larger addressable space.

That depends.

Any software that can make use of more than 3 GB of virtual memory space
will benefit from a 64 bit install. This could be something like the
GIMP with lots of open images, or a GIMP session where you’ve had lots
of images you’ve been working on and the virtual memory has been
fragmented.

I’d also advise the Original Poster to consider whether he might ever
upgrade this laptop.

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | Humans are humans. No one grouping is all good or all
aprilcottage.co.uk | bad, no one group has a monopoly on honour, decency or