Re: Cheap Acer notebook on Newegg: What wireless chip does it use?

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 11:56 AM, David L. Gehrt <dlg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 11/02/2009 07:01 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
>> > I found this laptop[1] for a GREAT price but I haven't been able to
>> > find out what wireless chip it uses and I want to make sure it works
>> > under F11/F12. I've tried acer.com but they don't list the chip.
>> > Anyone have one or know where to find it?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Richard
>> >
>> > [1] http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115654
>

> I don't know but doesn't the cited web page answer the question at the
> top of the page?
>
> ATI Radeon HD 3200 - Retail

Umm... I think you got confused between the wireless and the video chip...

Anyway, I found this[2] site which indicates that at least with his
version of the laptop the wireless worked. There are several
sub-models, some come with 802.11g and some come with draft N. At
least it makes me feel a bit better.

Thanks,
Richard

[2] http://www.linlap.com/wiki/acer+aspire+5536