Re: "shutdown now" on F11 as root problems and app crashes in VNC sessions

Frank;

Thanks for the reply. The name is in the message by the way.

So I take it that some "option" always has to be specified when using the command?

Example:

shutdown -P now

If an option is required it would be nice to at least get an error message to that effect so I would know I did something stupid. Otherwise it looked like it worked until I noticed the directly attached console screen.

73's

Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Cox" <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: "Comcast Mail" <kc8ldo@xxxxxxxx>; " Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora. " <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>