Re: Question about Cups

On Sun, 2009-11-01 at 16:26 +0100, Antonio M wrote:
> I connected a Vista PC to my network and I cannot print from it while
> I can go to my shared folders on other PC.

Decide whether you want to go through the shenanigans of sharing out a
printer through Samba, or simply get the Windows box to directly access
the printer using IPP (Internet Printing Protocol) that CUPS uses.  The
latter can be done by giving Windows the URI for the printer, which may
have a HTTP or IPP protocol prefixing it.

e.g. If you browse to http://localhost:631/ and find that your printer
is at http://localhost:631/printers/LaserJet4L then use that as the
address for the printer, substituting "localhost" for the computer's
real hostname, or numerical IP address.  In some cases, you use "ipp"
where "http" appears in that address.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686