Re: the ultimate fedora laptop?

On Sun, 2009-11-01 at 09:04 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> * video chipset?  that's the choice that always scares me.

Intel's got a reputation for supporting open source video, and just
having to deal with bugs from time to time.  NVidia for working closed
source drivers, but abandoning older chipsets to legacy packages.  ATI
for working/non-working closed source drivers.  If you're able to buy a
laptop where you can actually remove the graphics card, that's your
safest bet.  Otherwise, do what I did, when I bought a laptop:  I found
out what chipsets were currently supported, and known to work, and what
I could purchase, and went with that.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686