Re: How to list this data -

On 31/10/09 20:42, Suvayu Ali wrote:
If it correlates with the Wildblue data, even approximately, it would
work for me. But then I have other computers in the house on this
system. Might be able to take data before the router with an eth. hub
perhaps?

I am not sure whether vnstat can monitor something outside the box like a hub or a router. But if at your house all the traffic goes through one of the machines, then you can specify the interface to monitor with the option `--iface _interface_'.

Good luck figuring this out :)

Thanks.

Bob

The information is still of interest to me even though it only refers to my computers, all of which go through one switch. I am always interested in knowing what part of the usage is mine. Presently I can only infer that! We have five users on four computer [actually 2 more for a total of 6 since I have three connected to the LAN]. The common point is the Netgear wireless router located in a different part of the house.

Bob