Re: FC11 missing dependencies on a new install

Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 16:28:02 -0400, Robert wrote:

And I went to: http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/11/Fedora/i386/os/Packages/ where I got the content of my local repo (actually one level higher), and it is not there either...

Wrong repo. It's a base repo that can be used to install Fedora 11,
but it doesn't contain "Everything" (which is especially important,
because Updates may depend on arbitrary base packages).

Oh.
So since there are only a couple of packages I needed from base, I changed my fedora.repo file to point to the public repo, and it looks like it found python-nose and the other missing dependencies.

Now the question is why they are missing from mirrors.kernel.org where I got my copy from....

You want this repo (the full base repo):
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/11/Everything/i386/os/

Thank you. I am rsyncing to this now. I tried to install gconf-editor so I can right-click to open a terminal window, and no gconf-editor and no system-config-display. So I am hoping this will pick them up!