Re: firefox 3.5.4 broken?

On Sat, 2009-10-31 at 03:52 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
Not so. Plugins and extensions don't run in a sandbox in current
versions of FF. Future versions will be different.

You don't have to have a sandbox for this. All that would be required
is a bit of more or less sophisticated error handling/signal catching.

A semantic quibble.
No. Error handling is a matter of a program's fundamental design. Unfortunately it's a subject many programmers don't take into account.

The point is that the architecture has to be
designed to deal with arbitrary behaviour on the part of plugins or
extensions and currently it isn't.
May-be, I am not familiar with firefox's source-code.

Anyway, to me this reads as "firefox" suffers from substantial fundamental design flaws :(

Ralf