Re: Can't edit text -

On 28/10/09 11:11, Fennix wrote:
On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bobgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 28/10/09 10:36, Tim wrote:

        On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 09:45 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:

            I have two completely updated F-11 computers in which the
            OpenOffice
            word processor is nearly useless because I can't edit
            anything?

            I can open a document and copy it to a new file but it
            doesn't trust
            me to change anything, a matter of permissions perhaps but
            I can't
            see where to change it.

        Are you working on other people's files?  Are you one of those
        people
        who log in as root?

    The files are for user "bobg." Neither computer has ever been
    booted to root. Obviously there are many things that must be done
    as "su." I don't think the OO install is one of them. Both systems
    were originally installed from the Omega live cd but I don't
    recall if OO comes with it or not. But I have had to install a lot
    of other app's and have had no such trouble.

    Bob

-- fedora-list mailing list
    fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
    Guidelines:

I have seen like this before when files have been copied back from CD/DVD and are flagged as "read-only." I know that you have not said that you had done this. I know that you have checked the ownership. My last several version upgrades have been done using preupgrade. My data "home" is on another disk separate from the currently installed home and I have never seen these symptoms except when having copied data back from archival (read-only) media. Hope this helps think of something....

Fennix
This file was copied from OO in F-10 but I have set the permissions to 776:

   [bobg@box9 ootext]$ ll
   total 12
   -rwxrwxrw-. 1 bobg root 9554 2009-10-07 09:42 bp-meds.090827.odt

Bob