F11 Nvidia 8300 GS and kmod-nvidia-PAE fail

Has anyone had a total failure to run kmod-nvidia with an 8300 GS graphics
card in f11?
My system
(http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_0461ec99-2d05-44bf-ac48-1a0d78a17c52)
used to run with the kmod-nvidia-PAE installed from rpmfusion just fine in
f10 with no issues at all.

When I installed (clean) the new f11 system on this machine (in fact two
machines with this card both have identical issues), the install was fine, I
then yum updated to the latest kernel and, as per my normal upgrade
procedure, then yum installed kmod-nvidia-PAE from rpmfusion.  This process
worked without issue on two other machines which have nvidia graphics cards
(but not the 8300 card). On rebooting, the boot began as normal (text
kms/plymouth with the blue/white running line on the bottom of the screen),
but as soon as x should start - it didn't. There was a blank screen with a
flashing cursor at top right only. I removed the kmod-nvidia package, and
xorg.conf and ran without it until yesterday.

After updating the system to the new kernel yesterday I booted to the new
kernel 2.6.30.9-90.fc11.i686.PAE - which was fine and tried yum install
kmod-nvidia-PAE (which is the correct version of kmod-nvidia for this card
and kernel I believe) and rebooted - same as the original problem - after
the plymouth non-graphical boot, blank screen with flashing cursor - except
that some seconds later a couple of lines of text appeared on the screen
related to selinux audit. I removed kmod-mvidia and am running without it
again - this morning in the syslog there are lines:
  audit(1256631766.417:29202): auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295
subj=system_u:system_r:readahead_t:s0 op=remove rule key=(null) list=2 res=1

However I am not sure this is directly related to the kmod-nvidia-PAE or
not.

Anyway I wonder if anyone else has had a problem with this card and an
inability to use kmod-nvidia? If so is there a known workaround?

Thanks for any replies.