Re: deduce amixer commands?

On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 19:18 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> things like "amixer scontents"
> produces such an immense amount of gibberish

I only get a small amount of information running that command line on
one my computers (the whole thing is copied below), it's not too hard to
work out what mine is doing.  Perhaps you should post the output from
your command line, for another pair of eyes to look at.

Simple mixer control 'Master',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 65536
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 27483 [42%] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 27483 [42%] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Capture',0
  Capabilities: cvolume cswitch cswitch-joined
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Capture 0 - 65536
  Front Left: Capture 0 [0%] [off]
  Front Right: Capture 0 [0%] [off]

--