Re: New scanner/printer combo

Louis Lagendijk wrote:
On Sat, 2009-10-24 at 11:10 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Saturday 24 October 2009, Louis Lagendijk wrote:

Problem 2 is that the scanner doesn't even check in as shown above.
OTOH, I also have an Epson 1250u that works flawlessly, but it would be
nice to get rid of one rather high occupancy item here in the coyote.den.
and this is the strange part: why does it not show the scanner? What
does lsusb return? Does the scanner work under Windows? Not that it
matters much as the scanner seems not supported by Sane right now. But
maybe this is just a matter of adding the usb id....

Louis

The scanner does show in an lsusb -v, but not without the -v, here is a snippet:

[__snippet snipped__]

Thanks.

I suggest to keep an eye on http://avasys.jp/eng/linux_driver/ these guys make some linux drivers for Epson devices (they are in some
way related to Epson). I see that they already have Imagescan for the
NX415 (actually Image Scan! for Linux & Photo Image Print System Lite)
Click on the download for "all in ones", select the NX415 and of you
go.....

And that's what I had to do, I have a CX7400, I installed the avasys package for FC6 (when that was current) and used iscan as the program, since it will do what I want and give me a PPM image I can modify as needed, using the netpbm package tools and some I wrote using their libraries.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>