Re: Fsck at shutdown instead of startup

On 9/29/09 11:20 , Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:54:20 +0200, Gijs wrote:

Hello List,

Today I once again had to wait 30 minutes for fsck to finish checking my
1TB disk and I'm getting a bit fed up with it.
What was the reason for the check? Did you choose to let the disk be
checked every N mounts? If so, why don't you disable that automatic check
with tunefs? Then it's up to you whether and when to check manually
or whether to rely on journaling.

It was one of the default checks, performed every 32 mounts. I could disable it, but if I did, I'd probably never run a full check again, since I'd never want to spend time on doing it. And the check is good for something I presume, otherwise it wouldn't have been implemented in the first place. Since I don't really mind having a forced fsck on shutdown, I wanted to go with that instead of disabling it all together.