Re: bind-chroot directory permissions?

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 11:21 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> I recently enabled dynamic DNS for the virtual machines I've
> been installing and named started getting errors (running
> as chroot) trying to write .jnl files to the /var/named
> directory under the chroot. Fixing the directory to
> be root:named 770 instead of root:named 750 took care of
> that.

Are you trying to write to the correct directories?

On my older (than Fedora 11 box), as I've not installed a name server
for a while, the master files are in:  /var/named/chroot/var/named/
with slaves in:  /var/named/chroot/var/named/slaves/
and data dumped into:  /var/named/chroot/var/named/data/

drwxr-x---   root named  /var/named/
drwxr-x---   root named  /var/named/chroot/
drwxr-x---   root named  /var/named/chroot/var/
drwxr-x---   named named /var/named/chroot/var/named/

And the files and directories inside the last directory listed (above)
are all:
-rw-r--r--  1 named named

Also, how have you got SELinux set?

If it's running, how did you create the files inside your chroot?  If
you created them there, or copied them to there, they should be fine.
But if you created them elsewhere, and moved them to the chroot, they
may have the wrong contexts.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686