bind-chroot directory permissions?

I recently enabled dynamic DNS for the virtual machines I've
been installing and named started getting errors (running
as chroot) trying to write .jnl files to the /var/named
directory under the chroot. Fixing the directory to
be root:named 770 instead of root:named 750 took care of
that.

Then with the recent update of bind and bind-chroot, I started
seeing these messages in the log:

Sep 25 08:03:21 zooty named[12710]: dumping master file: tmp-PDw9vymVVL: open: permission denied

I'm not sure what directory it is trying to write those
in, but I found and chmodded a few more directories
and haven't seen one of those messages since.

Should directory permissions be adjusted in one or more
of the rpms to take these things into account?