Re: Update to 2.6.30.5-43.fc11.i586 duplex problem

Anton Buenavista wrote:
> I disabled rhgb and quiet at boot.
>
> The boot process exactly stops at "Registering binary handler for
> Windows applications". I think this is a Wine issue.

Does it get as far as the “[  OK  ]” at the end of that line? If not,
then blame Wine. If it has the “[  OK  ]”, then it could be the next
script. Check in /etc/rc5.d to see what’s next:
ls /etc/rc5.d | grep -A1 S98wine | tail -n 1

Having said that, the only “next” script in my install is the
essentially empty S99local, after which Fedora starts X. You could put
an
echo Hello
into S99local, to see if it gets that far. I suspect it will.

The next thing to try (if that “OK” did come up) is booting 2.6.30
without rhgb, reboot when it hangs, and look at /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old

Firstly do a ls -l on it to check that the log actually comes from the
time when you booted the 2.6.30 kernel, then look at the file itself to
see how far it gets. Compare with the Xorg.0.log file (which should be
from your successful 2.6.29 boot).

You may want to report back here, but you’re getting near the point
where you’ll have to bugzilla it.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | They say that every cloud has a silver lining, which must
aprilcottage.co.uk | be a bit alarming for airline pilots...