Re: Problem in reboot for preupgrade F9 -> F10

Tnx Craig for the response

Il giorno gio, 17/09/2009 alle 08.26 -0700, Craig White ha scritto:

> if I recall correctly, you had to update yum in Fedora 9 because a
> change was made during the lifetime of Fedora 9 and Fedora 10 used the
> newer version of the RPM database. If you can reboot into Fedora 9
> instead and run (as root), 'yum update yum', this would probably fix
> it.
F9 works perfectly because no update processes start.

> Again, I am going from memory here...it's been a while.

Ops... my fedora 9 is uptodated.
I don't see update for a long time

I can't understand what is appens.
I used also the terminal 2 from the anaconda to rebuild the rpm database
with:
# rm -f /mnt/sysimage/var/lib/rpm/__db*
# rpm --root /mnt/sysimage --rebuilddb

but this didn't solve the problem.

yum check-update
Plugin caricati:downloadonly, fastestmirror, fedorakmod, kernel-module, list-data, presto, priorities, refresh-packagekit, verify
Setting up and reading Presto delta metadata
livna                                                                                                                                                                         | 2.4 kB     00:00
No Presto metadata available for livna
fedora                                                                                                                                                                        | 2.4 kB     00:00
No Presto metadata available for fedora
rpmfusion-free-updates                                                                                                                                                        | 2.4 kB     00:00
No Presto metadata available for rpmfusion-free-updates
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates                                                                                                                                                     | 2.4 kB     00:00
No Presto metadata available for rpmfusion-nonfree-updates
rpmfusion-free                                                                                                                                                                |  951 B     00:00
No Presto metadata available for rpmfusion-free
adobe-linux-i386                                                                                                                                                              |  951 B     00:00
No Presto metadata available for adobe-linux-i386
updates-newkey                                                                                                                                                                | 3.4 kB     00:00
No Presto metadata available for updates-newkey
freshrpms                                                                                                                                                                     | 2.8 kB     00:00
No Presto metadata available for freshrpms
rpmfusion-nonfree                                                                                                                                                             |  951 B     00:00
No Presto metadata available for rpmfusion-nonfree
panorama                                                                                                                                                                      |  951 B     00:00
No Presto metadata available for panorama
updates                                                                                                                                                                       | 2.6 kB     00:00
No Presto metadata available for updates
 * livna: ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de
 * fedora: mirror.switch.ch
 * updates-newkey: mirror.switch.ch
 * updates: mirror.switch.ch

flash-plugin.i386                                                                         10.0.32.18-release                                                                         adobe-linux-i386