automount defaults for VFAT file systems

Hi all,

just installed F11 from scratch and things are working very well,
except that the default vfat automount option appears to be
shortnames=lower, and I need the shortnames=winnt value. Under F10 I
could change the default options in GConf-editor. It appears that F11
disregards whatever is set in GConf. I just spent 2+ hours searching
and couldn't find information on how to change the defaults. Anyone
can help?

I should say I was able to set up a line in /etc/fstab to mount my
most used USB drive using the winnt option, but if I understand things
right I'd have to write a separate line for every USB drive that ever
comes my way... or mount each of them manually. None of this is very
appealing.

Thanks,

Peter