Re: Question on using a Joystick as a mouse in Fedora please?

On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 09:45 -0500, Rick Sewill wrote:
> I have a question on using a Joystick as a mouse in Fedora.

Somehow I suspect a joystick would bring about its own set of problems
(it certainly did for game players).

> I wish to avoid getting carpal tunnel syndrome.

As I recall, it's not just mousing that brings about this risk, but also
using the keyboard.  Using peripherals in non-ergonomic ways would seem
to be the fastest way of bringing on such a problem (e.g. operating
keyboard and mouse while standing up, necessitating bending the wrist
and fingers abnormally high), and dragging wrists along table tops when
you operate the devices while sitting down.

There are some medical guides about minimising the risk, it's probably
worth looking into them if you're concerned about this.