Re: Rhythmbox --command-line ?? [SOLVED]

Thanks to Sam and Peter;

On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 07:03 +0100, Sharpe, Sam J wrote:
> 2009/9/14 William Case <billlinux@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Hi;

Peter, I simply followed your advice using the my radio stations URI and
it worked.

> [sam@samlap ~]$ cat /usr/share/applications/rhythmbox.desktop | grep Exec
> Exec=rhythmbox %U

Thanks Sam.  I have been going through all kinds of contortions to find
the exact exec command for applications for years.  It usually involved
open the properties of existing icons or launchers and copying and/or
amending pre-configured commands.  Your example of using
cat /usr/share/... and grep Exec is something I am certainly going to
remember.

> %U is a URI - so could you not give it the URI of your favourite radio
> station? (or am I missing the point)

I wish the developers would stop making everything so easy.  I full
expected a start command + string of options + a URL.  In other gnome
applications %U = user name.
--
Regards Bill
Fedora 11, Gnome 2.26.3