Re: Enabling Tabs On Mediawiki

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Robert L Cochran<cochranb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<...snip...>
> Aldo, thank you for making me aware of this. I'm going to work on installing
> from the Mediawiki source just as you have. As I want to try to save the one
> wiki page that I've spent hours working on, I'm going back up my database
> and configuration files and see if I can treat this as an "upgrade". That
> requires an AdminSettings.php file to be present in the wiki root. There is
> an /usr/share/mediawiki/AdminSettings.sample which can be copied to the wiki
> root. The file is needed for scripts in the maintenance directory to run. I
> didn't know any of these details until I started looking at the "upgrade"
> page here:
>
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading
>
> I will let you know how things go. I'll also file bugs as needed to get this
> issue of no tabs resolved in the Fedora version of mediawiki. Perhaps some
> needed installation files were left out of the binaries.
>
> Bob
________

I like the "Alternative 2: Re-run the installer". Since I know
the usernames, passwords and initial dbase name it could be
as simple as re-typing them. I'll try to find some time and rerun
my install just to test this. It could be a lifesaver for a
future upgrade.

Who knows... perhaps there is a yum package in some repo to add tabs.
The manual method is just not efficient compared to installing from source.

BTW, thanks for that link to the manual upgrade.

~af