Re: F11 OS Instability? Twice now, the system locks out!

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> The last time I had a system lock-out was several
> weeks ago, and just today, I experienced another.
>
> I tried to access the system locally via the keyboard,
> no response.  Mouse, same. Remotely, not responding,
> all remote connections, ports, etc.  Not there.

Have you tested your memory?

Which graphics card are you running? Which driver? Which screensavers,
come to that – if the system is locking up while you aren’t at it, then
there’s a good chance that a 3D screensaver is exercising part of the
driver that hasn’t been debugged properly.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | Reminds me of a friend's young son who watched a small
aprilcottage.co.uk | tortoise ambling very slowly across the patio, and then