Re: Where is pulseaudio started?

On Tuesday 01 September 2009 15:56:30 Steve Blackwell wrote:
> Some people had asked to keep this thread going so here is
> what I've found so far. (Note That I'm using GNOME
> and GDM so I started with GDM. There is, no doubt, something for
> equivalent KDE)
[snip]
> My conclusion so far is that pulseaudio is started by autostart and
> that the /etc/xdg/autostart/*.desktop files are called from within
> gnome-session. I need to research gnome-session next.

The actual pulseaudio binary is executed by the script /etc/pulse/default.pa
(at the very first line), so maybe you can do a full-text search on gnome config
files and scripts to find out where is this script being invoked. I don't use
gnome, so can't help much on that.

And yes, keep the thread going. As for me, I don't want to disable pulseaudio
(it Just Works on my machine), but am interested in understanding the details
of its invocation and interaction with the rest of the system.

HTH, :-)
Marko