Re: Pulseaudio config problem.

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 01:29:24 +0200
"Erik P. Olsen" <epodata@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, that works but audacity is the only application on my system that

I know that xmms (called audio player) in the menu has the ability to
select this also.  I haven't looked at other applications, but I assume
they might have some configuration option for this too (after all this is
linux).

The asound.conf you posted for Mikkel is using pulse as the default
device, so anything pointing to default (most sound applications) will
try to use pulse.  They will then play through the card 0.  There is a
way to script around this, but better to set them explicitly to the
CS46 if you can.  Do a search on default alsa .asoundrc and you will
find solutions if you want to go this route.

> allows this hw:1,0 specification. I assume it bypasses PulseAudio.
> Could it be that PulseAudio is only able to talk to card 0?

That is exactly what the data you posted says.  And that is why I think
you shouldn't turn card 0 off.  Let pulse use that card for whatever the
system wants.  It is silent because there are no speakers, but it will
keep the system happy.  It wanted to play a sound and thinks it did.
For some reason, on your system, pulse doesn't discover the CS46 even
though alsa identifies it correctly and loads the correct driver.

Problem solved.