Re: F11: Fedora Eclipse: SVN fails to connect to any svn repository: Hangs.

On 08/26/2009 12:31 PM, Andrew Overholt wrote:
* Daniel B. Thurman<dant@xxxxxxxxx>  [2009-08-26 15:28]:
I downloaded Galileo from Eclipse.  What are the steps to
get a working SVN package installed?
I don't use this kind of setup as the Fedora packages work great for me
and allow me to use javahl with my ssh keys which I've always found to a
bit a of a PITA (or to not work due to ABI differences) with upstream
downloads.

This blog entry seems relevant to your issues:

http://markphip.blogspot.com/2009/06/subclipse-and-eclipse-35galileo.html

I've never tried it.  You could always tried Subversive:

http://www.eclipse.org/subversive/

Good luck,

Andrew
Ok, I finally figured out why I was having such troubles.

As it turns out, I am using subversion v1.4 repositories for
which Eclipse-Subclipse v1.6 does not work with these
repositories!  These were created way back when I started
using Fx->F9 and other OSes - of which subversion 1.4x
was used.

So, I removed Collabnet (v10) & tigris subclipse v1.6, then
installed only tigris v1.4x, and lo & behold - it now works
cleanly.  Interestingly, even though I am using F11 &
subversion v1.6x, it serves my v1.4 repository requests
and my other machines just fine, so far.

This staves off upgrading of my v1.4x repositories,
well, at least for now. ;)  This is for Ganymede & Galileo
but I am not sure about F11-Fedora-Eclipse as I would
have to figure out if I can downgrade from v1.6x to v1.4x,
which may not be possible or is it?  I looked at it and there
does not seem to be a mechanism to remove the v1.6x
versions, so how can I do it?

Thanks!
Dan