New "Desktop Effect" after 8/24 "yum update"

Hello Everyone
After running "yum update" on August 24th, and receiving the KDE 4.3 updates, I
have been getting random occurances of this little beauty:
http://www.afolkey2.net/~steve/20090826-Fedora11-ScreenShot-001.jpg

That is a screenshot of my entire desktop (with Kontact maximized of course.)
When it does it, an application will start out normal size, and just stretch
itself, and then keep stretching until I stop it.  When I opened Gimp 2.7 to
take a screenshot of Kontact going through it's "afternoon stretch", Gimp
started to stretch as well...

I am running an NVidia based video card and the proprietary NVidia driver.
Since a few other things have taken place around this time, it is VERY possible
that all of the KDE updates are completely unrelated to this:
1. Updated kernel
2. The resulting updated NVidia driver.
3. Rebooted into that new kernel during the investigation of that other issue
that I just solved on this list.

But one thing to consider is that the above three points might not be relevant,
because I HAD NOT rebooted until after the first time that I saw this
"stretching" effect.  All it took to begin seeing this was logging out of KDE and
logging back in.  Which of course does NOT prove that KDE is at fault.

lspci -v shows the following:

03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G94 [GeForce 9600 GT] (rev
a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
        Subsystem: nVidia Corporation Device 058f
        Memory at fa000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
        Memory at d0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
        Memory at f8000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=32M]
        I/O ports at cc00 [size=128]
        [virtual] Expansion ROM at fbb80000 [disabled] [size=512K]
        Capabilities: [68] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
        Capabilities: [78] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [b4] Vendor Specific Information <?>
        Capabilities: [100] Virtual Channel <?>
        Capabilities: [128] Power Budgeting <?>
        Capabilities: [600] Vendor Specific Information <?>
        Kernel driver in use: nvidia
        Kernel modules: nvidia, nouveau

Anyway, any thoughts/similar experiences are greatly appreciated.

Steven P. Ulrick