Re: F11: httpd problems

On 08/25/2009 03:39 PM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

To my surpise, I somehow ended up not
being able to shutdown httpd!

# killall httpd
# service httpd start
Starting httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
# service httpd stop
Stopping httpd:                                            [FAILED]
# service httpd restart
Stopping httpd:                                            [FAILED]
Starting httpd: (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80 (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
Unable to open logs

and yet all of the httpd daemons are still running.

I can stop all of the httpd with the killall command
but the point is, why does the service command fail
to shut it down?

Note, that when rebooting, httpd starts up with no
reported errors as far as I can tell, it is not in the
messages logs.

Any pointers on this?

Thanks-
Dan

I forgot to add, that when issuing 'service httpd stop' command,
the /var/run/httpd/httpd.pid file is removed!