Re: How to wake?

Timothy Murphy wrote:
My Thinkpad T43 usually wakes from sleep (I assume Suspend to RAM)
when I press the power button for a second.
But sometimes it does not wake; all I can do is re-boot.

I'm wondering what possible keys or combination of keys
might do the trick in this case?

If it's still "alive", the universal "any" key should work (generally, spacebar works fine too ;p). Otherwise it may be that something has really crapped out. This could be anything from a NIC driver to an application that doesn't like being suspended fouling up, or possibly even going as deep as a chipset issue.

Unfortunately this may be the beginning of a long trial and error session diagnosing what is responsible.

Cheers,

--

Paul