Re: capital letters in firefox

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 15:57:27 -0300
Germán Racca wrote:

> Moreover, I think this is not a Firefox problem now, because it also
> happens with Midori (as I said before) and I verified the same behavior
> in Konkeror right now.

The font names like "serif" and wot-not are really aliases that
eventually get mapped to some real font via arcane rules I
couldn't possibly describe. If this is happening in all apps,
it seems like it could be some weird font alias has been
defined somewhere. You might try explicitly setting the
fonts to a particular real font and see if the behavior
changes, if so, you can then try to find out where the
alias is defined (maybe strace will tell you what files
it reads at startup).