Re: e2fsck -y wipe all my data

I have been away on leave but I thought I would comment.

yordy wrote:
Hi

I have a HD connected as USB device and cause for electrical problems
in my home, my disk go off unexpectedly more than one time some weeks
ago, a few days ago I can't mount neither of my linux partitions on
that disk.

If you have electrical problems, get a UPS. Also, check the drive the next time you plug it in.

Any idea why is this? Or how can I restore all the data pre existing
in that partition?

Greetings

You may have to run some forensic's type software (Foremost) to recover your files.

I had an issue where my fingers deleted (Slap fingers again and again) a whole partition of data. I did recover about 20% of the data which was better than I expected. The partition was part of a RAID and LVM array and I only had one of the two drives from the LVM.

If you haven't, don't use the drive yet.

Also, there are some ways to undelete ext2 files but it isn't from what I have heard.

Good luck.
--
Robin Laing