Re: no hardware acceleration?

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009, Mauriat Miranda wrote:

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Michael
Hennebry<hennebry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Whatever its origin, nv was the driver name.
My current problem is getting suspend to disk working again.

Either you diagnose the problem or switch the previous Nvidia driver.

To diagnose, see if you see anything in the logs:
/var/log/messages
/var/log/pm-suspend.log

The only interesting thing is from messages:
Aug  1 09:12:37 localhost restorecond: Read error (Interrupted system call)
I don't know what it means.  google didn't help.

pm-suspend.log says all is well.

Try the hal quirks page:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/

I haven't been able to use any quirks.
pm-suspend gives me:
System does not support suspend sleep.
I haven't been able to figure out which file to edit to use a quirk that way.
It's possible that the only problem is that
the backlight on my AOC LCD doesn't turn on.
If I can't get a quirk to do it, is there a way to do it manually?
I could do a cntrl-alt-F4 and type blind if I knew what to type.
Since I can ssh into it, I expect that would  work.

Or to disable the nvidia driver from RPMFusion (as root):
# /usr/sbin/nvidia-173xx-config-display disable
# /sbin/chkconfig --level 35 nvidia-173xx off
Reboot.

I really hate going backwards.

--
Michael   hennebry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx