Re: Playing Cinema DVDs problem

vvmarko at... wrote:

> That depends to whom you are showing it. Once I was able to convert a
> hard core Windows-Media-Player-lover to using mplayer --- I installed
> mplayer and created a shortcut to a script that would execute
>
> mplayer movie.avi -v
>
> in a terminal. The guy was not impressed by playing the movie, but by
> the wealth of data written to the terminal window! No other player gives
> so much side information during playback (AFAIK), and for my friend this
> was mind-boggling. In his own words, "this looks like a player that
knows > exactly what it is doing, and does it very well." The Linux
mantra right > out of the mouth of a Windows user! ;-) He eventually
switched to
> mplayer, and occasionally even uses Linux when he finds it more useful
> than Windows.

I doubt I will ever get a Mac user impressed by the "wealth of data
written to the terminal window". That's exactly what they don't want to
see and, considering the matter at hand, rightly so.