Re: flash problems with Fedora 11 23-bit

On 07/28/2009 04:38 PM, Hugh Caley wrote:
I have now also removed pulseaudio (just that RPM, plus a few others that yum wanted to remove because of dependencies) and, tentatively, it seems to have fixed the rest of my problems, such as ridiculous and continuous CPU abuse and the problem with videos not playing unless the mouse pointer was in motion above them.

Also, with Pulse removed, sound is going through the SiS hardware again but it seems to work without problems now.

It seems like alsa is taking care of audio mixing for me, and the various alsa mixers seem to work, although they aren't nicely integrated into the gnome desktop.

The only problem left is that trying to fullscreen the videos crashes firefox. Compiz zoom seems to work fine though.

Hugh