Re: will we ever have radeon drivers that aren't crap?

Am Donnerstag, den 23.07.2009, 13:56 -0400 schrieb Robert P. J. Day:
> apologies for the unduly harsh tone but, seriously, will there ever
> be radeon drivers available for fedora that aren't complete junk?
> this has been going on for some time now, and nothing's changed.
>
>   currently, on my 1280x800 display gateway laptop, i need to run the
> vesa driver and get only 1024x768 because, if i try to run the radeon
> driver, i'll get my full resolution, and my session will last maybe
> 10-15 minutes before finally locking up, at which point the only
> response i can get is moving the mouse around the screen verrrrrry
> slowly but nothing else, requiring a power cycle.  (the vesa driver
> will, of course, work perfectly for days on end.)
>
>   it's been like this since early in the f11 test cycle, and it
> depresses me to think i'll still be fighting with this when the first
> cut of f12 comes out.
>
>   what's the story on video drivers these days?  and why are they such
> unmitigated trash?
>
> </rant>
>
> rday
We had a radeon test day in the Fedora 11 test cycle:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:Radeon_2009-04-01
If you had this error in the test cycle, that would've been the right
day to report it. My card works fine, by the way. If you want to get it
fixed, some information, at least your card model would be nice.
Regards,
Julian