Re: git + Fedora 11 kernel

William Case wrote:
> What I want to do is trace the implementation of SELinux; its
> modules; initiation; hooks etc. in Fedora.  The Kernel.org version I
> have doesn't show SELinux coding.

Hmm, it should, as it is in the mainline kernel these days.  I
couldn't tell you much, but I think the kernel parts of selinux are
found in security/selinux within the kernel source.  From the kernel
git tree:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6-stable.git;a=tree;f=security/selinux;hb=HEAD

> I have been running SELinux in the last few versions of Fedora in
> permissive or disabled mode just to get it out of the way.  In F11,
> I thought I would climb the learning curve and begin to use it.
>
> There are many good tutorials and manuals out there, not the least
> of which are Fedora's own SELinux manual and the NSA's report.
> However none of them explain very well what is happening in the
> kernel.  At least not as well as they could if I could see the code
> with my own eyes.

Hopefully the code from above helps enlighten you. ;)

Also useful might be the selinux-policy packages.  That's where the
actual rules and policies are kept.  The fedora-selinux-list might be
able to provide more insight (surely more than I can :).

I figure that if God actually does exist, He's big enough to
understand an honest difference of opinion.
    -- Isaac Asimov