Re: how much junk should i have to install for a 32-bit toolchain?

On Monday 20 July 2009 08:30:51 Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> > i may just throw 32-bit f11 on via virtualbox and do it all there.
>
> That works too. Or qemu-kvm which is available in the fedora repos.

For some time (years), I have been using VMware guests to address the problem.
I have now converted to using qemu-kvm under Fedora 11 to do the same thing.

I create a guest of the desired target (Fedora9, Fedora 10, CentOS 5.3, etc.)
and appropriate architecture (32 bit or 64 bit), and then build binary RPMs on
those guests.  This approach has worked well for me and, overall, minimizes
the time I must spend to attempt to do something like creating good (they will
work) 32 bit binaries on a 64 bit system.

Gene