Re: 60% of Fedora packages obsolete

--- On Mon, 7/20/09, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Arthur Pemberton <pemboa@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: 60% of Fedora packages obsolete
> To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Monday, July 20, 2009, 1:06 PM
> Article: http://oswatershed.org/
>
> That's much higher than I would have guessed. I suppose
> Fedora is no
> longer as fast paced as it used to be. Arch seems to be the
> innovating
> distro now.
>
> --
> Fedora 10
> (www.pembo13.com)
>
> --

Beat me to it!  :)  Fedora might have been #1, but it is now #2. :(

Yes Arch is beating it, does Arch have the firepower and/or infrastructure that Fedora has?

I think it is a sad day for many Fedoreans after reading this.   I am keeping up the pace(at least with kernel)

[olivares@localhost ~]$ uname -iprm
2.6.30.2 i686 i686 i386

Me/ still scratches my head is this really happenning!  Many loved the fast pace new stuff coming in as soon as it was out of the oven.  Wonder what is going on?

Regards,

Antonio