Re: spdif/iec958 stopped working

Hi,
I have almost the same problem. After some Fedora update I lost the spdif stereo-only sounds.
And yes - stereo only was lost, playing dvds with 5.1 passthrough option is ok. That definitely means some software problem.

I use the snd-hda-intel module but I decided to the following solution (for emu10k1-based cards):
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F11_bugs#Sound_Blaster_Live.21_cards_.28and_other_emu10k1-based_cards.29_default_to_digital_.28S.2FPDIF.29_output [1]

Surprise then, selecting digital output in pulse audio volume control I have the stereo spdif sound back. In audacious player I can select ALSA or Pulse audio - both are operational now.

As for me, this is a temporary solution only because I have to use the pulse audio volume control to switch between analog and digital output. Also the 'mute' option for IEC958 in standard volume mixer panel does nothing.

This is very inconvenient. Previously (before the problematic update), I could mute the spdif from the mixer panel and, what is most important, I could simply unplug the optical mini-jack and the sound was automatically switched back to analog.

I hope this problem can be fixed quickly to reach the state from before the update, where the sound and digital/analog switching was working perfectly. In Fedora 10 I had to remove all the pulse audio stuff to get rid of the similar problems, I would really like to avoid this step in Fedora 11...

Links:
------
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F11_bugs#Sound_Blaster_Live.21_cards_.28and_other_emu10k1-based_cards.29_default_to_digital_.28S.2FPDIF.29_output

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=358657&topic_id=70639&forum=10#forumpost358657