Re: emacs fonts (my stupid mistake, perhaps)

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 09:33:41 -0700 (PDT)
Globe Trotter <itsme_410@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I like using the 10x20 font for emacs, and do so using
>
> emacs -fn10x20
>
> However, when I do this on my F11 installation, I get: "No fonts
> match '10x20' ".
>
> I think I must have done something stupid to get here, but I don't
> recall doing anything strange and out of the ordinary over the past 2
> days. In any case, how does one get my preferred font back?
>
> Many thanks and best wishes,

I don't know how much space you have on your HD, but if you do
yum list available | grep -i font > font_list
and install the resulting fonts (some for sure unnecessary),
it adds approx 100MB (at least on my system).  You then have all
official fonts installed.  I have not received any font complaints
since doing this.  Overkill?  Maybe.  But surely no worse than having
i18n for myriad languages I don't speak or read installed for every
package.

I had the rpmfusion repositories enabled when I did this as well, so I
picked up any fonts that have encumbrances associated with them.

One possible solution.