Advice from users of gParted ??

Hi;

I am not looking for advice on how to partition or re-partition a hard
drive.  I have done it many times.

I am looking for suggestions and/or recommendations on how to most
efficiently and effectively use gParted.  I like its gui interface and
its apparent stability.

It seems I can do one of the following:

     1. Boot into Fedora in single user mode and then use 'parted' (or
        fdisk) from the command line, or
     2. Use Firstaid in rescue mode (I haven't tried this yet but just
        assume Firstaid will only give me 'parted' on the commandline),
        or
     3. Burn gParted-live.iso image to CD and keep it has a single
        purpose partitioning disk. (This should give me the gui version,
        I would think.), or
     4. Any other suggestions applicable in Fedora.

I have gParted from the F10 repository when I first installed F10, but
of course, it is no use to me if I want to re-size my '/home' directory
which is currently mounted.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 10, Gnome 2.24.3