Re: EEEPC FC11 install

Andrew Cocker wrote:
Hi
I have had FC10 working surprisingly well as a web server for months on an
Asus EeePC (Intel Atom bases mini PC) but an upgrade to FC11 failed so I
have had to restart from scratch.  The EeePC has no optical drive and I have
tried using both a 4GB USB key and USB hard drive.  I tried both
livecd-tools and Unetbootin to create a bootable USB drive.  In every
attempt anaconda runs but after I get through the partitioning stage it
creates a file system and then fails with an error message that it cannot
mount the ISO source, usually /dev/sdb1.

Am I doing something dumb, is there a bug?  Should I try reinstalling FC10
and upgrading to FC11 instead?

All advice gratefully received.

I believe your USB stick is not properly created, because I have been able to create bootable and installable USB drives with F11 (rawhide, just prior to release). Unless something in the liveCD creator broke just at that time it should work. I did FC9 as well, so the process seems to work.

I'll look for the creation instruction links I used, I do have them, but sort of dumped in a folder. :-(

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>