Re: Fedora 8 mailserver: receiving ALMOST no mail from this list

> Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> >
> > removed: I removed "smtp.comcast.net" from being a smarthost.  Ran the

> > not, because a LONG time ago I had to define "smtp.comcast.net" as
smarthost,
> > or I could not even send email from my afolkey2.net account.  For now,
anyway,
> > the problem I initially brought to this list is resolved :)  So, we'll
see...

> Remember that a lot of places run automatic spam filters which have
> blacklisted all residential adsl/cablemodem user ip's by default. So it
> would be advisable to route your outgoing emails trough comcasts email
> server.

That is probably why I had initially configured "smtp.comcast.net" (and before
that the appropriate Insight server) as smarthost.  So it strikes me as odd
that this would be the case:
With "smtp.comcast.net" as smarthost:
1. Not receiving all the the mail from this (and possibly other) mailing
lists.
2. Able to successfully send email.

WITHOUT "smtp.comcast.net" as smarthost:
1. I am now receiving all of the mail from this (and possibly other) lists.
2. I am also still able to send email to at least this list.

Should this work? I don't know.  I just know that it does, and that the
removal of  "smtp.comcast.net" as my smarthost seems to have resulted in  me
receiving all of the email from my lists.

So, if I receive a copy of this message/see it in the fedora-list archives, it
will be the second message I've sent with no smarthost...  On a residential
modem...

Steven P. Ulrick