Re: Firefox 3.5b4 from F11 -- Forward and Back buttons disabled

On 06/28/2009 07:18 PM, stan wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 18:59:19 -0400
"Steven F. LeBrun" <steven@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I did a clean install of Fedora 11 (32bit version) on my laptop.
After the install, I copied back my home directory from my previous
Fedora 10 install.  In other words, when I first ran Firefox 3.5b4,
it used the configuration files from the previous version of firefox.

One of the problems that I am having with Firefox is that the Forward
and Back buttons are disabled as well as their menu equivalents.

Running "firefox -safemode" from a command line still has the same
inability to go forward or backwards plus no error messages occurred
in the terminal window where Firefox was started.

Is this a bug in Firefox or is there configuration change necessary?

What happens if you move the .mozilla directory in your home directory
to .mozilla.bak and restart firefox (i.e. let it create a new home
directory for itself)?

It seems unlikely this is a bug in FF as I don't see this behavior in
F11, though I am on x86_64.

I did some playing around with Firefox since I posted the first message of this thread.  By process of elimination, I disabled the plug-ins that I was using until I found the one that was causing my forward/back disable problem.

The plug-in that was the problem was "Print Hint" version 0.33.  Once this plug-in was disabled, Firefox worked as expected.

Removing this plug-in also fixed my other Firefox problem.  When I clicked on a URL in Thunderbird, Firefox was opening an new window/tab but with nothing in it, including no location.  If I cut and pasted the same URL to Firefox, it displayed the page correctly.  Once the Print Hint plug-in was disabled, this feature worked as expected.

--
  Steven F. LeBrun

Quote: "The objection to fairy stories is that they tell children there are dragons. But children have always known there are dragons. Fairy stories tell children that dragons can be killed."
     -- G.K. Chesterton